THERE ARE NO LICENSING REQUIREMENTS FOR BUILDING INSPECTORS – THE BUILDING INSPECTION INDUSTRY IS COMPLETELY UNREGULATED IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA – ANYONE CAN CALL THEMSELVES A BUILDING INSPECTOR!!!
CHOOSE A QUALIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR… CHOOSE SUMMERTON BUILDING INSPECTIONS!
Welcome To Summerton Building Inspections Adelaide
Are you looking to purchase a property in Adelaide but first with to gain a clear understanding of its condition prior to the expiration of the contractual cooling period or prior to bidding at auction? Our pre purchase building inspection is the solution!
Are you about to construct your new home or investment property through an established building company but would like to obtain additional peace of mind by engaging an experienced building inspector to provide objective oversight and to help ensure that quality and compliance is being achieved throughout the process? Our staged progress building inspections are just what you need!
Are you currently building a home with handover fast approaching and need an expert to first assess the workmanship and compliance and to provide a comprehensive report detailing all of the defects requiring remedial work? Our pre-handover inspection is the answer!
Are you looking to buy an investment property but want assurance that the building will not attract undesirable repair & maintenance costs in the near future?
- Building Work Contractors License BLD268703
- Supervisors Registration Building Work License BLD266833
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction / Building Codes & Standards for Large Building Projects CPCCBC6001B
- Diploma of Building and Construction CPC50210
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40108
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management) CPC40508
- Certificate IV in Residential Drafting 40357SA
- Understanding the Timber Framing Code 35683
- Essential Elements of Roof Framing Trusses 54377
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
Who we are
Summerton Building Inspections are an Adelaide owned and professionally operated premium building and inspection company specialising in pre-purchase, staged progress, and pre-handover inspections, as well as domestic and commercial building. Our Adelaide-based building inspector is a licensed and experienced builder / building work supervisor who holds current professional indemnity and public liability insurance policies.
We don’t take your business for granted, in fact, we see it as a privilege. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to you, our valued client. Our core mission is to serve you with passion and integrity!
How can we help?
Summerton Building & Inspection can assist you in making informed decisions when purchasing your new home or investment property, or when you are preparing to place your existing home on the market. SBI will inform you of the condition of your prospective home, will make you aware of any potential safety hazards that may exist, and will grant you an insight into potential repair and maintenance requirements prior to making a financial commitment to the property.
SBI can provide you with peace of mind when you are building a new home or investment property and wish to obtain a second opinion on the compliance and quality of workmanship throughout the construction process.
We can also be of great value prior to your taking possession of your new home from an engaged builder by determining whether quality, accuracy, and compliance has been achieved as per your plans, specifications, and the relevant Codes and Australian Standards. All major and minor defects are captured within a comprehensive report that you can forward to your builder so that they can execute remedial actions prior to handover actually taking place, thus nullifying the need for maintenance contractors entering the premises post-handover.
We possess the knowledge to determine general building compliance and to identify unobvious construction faults.
As experienced building designers and fully licensed builders / building work supervisors, SBI also possess the aptitude and drive to provide you with a fully customised and intimate building experience. From conceptual design, estimating / costing, council approval, private certification, and engineering coordination; through to contractual administration, site establishment, project management, material procurement / labour synchronisation, construction / site supervision, and eventual handover of a superior product; SBI are your one-stop shop for building and inspection solutions!
Building Inspection Report
Our thorough and meticulous reports will provide you with the information you need to make wise decisions when purchasing, building, or selling a property. The reports are generally provided on the same day that the inspection is conducted, and you will also be contacted and briefed by the expert building inspector post-inspection. With the SBI report, you will be empowered with confidence throughout the construction and home / investment property procurement decision-making process!
Our reports include the following:
- Potential safety hazards that may require immediate attention;
- Major building defects that require professional repair / rework;
- Minor building defects that can be alleviated through general maintenance;
- Observed non-compliance of building structures / elements as per the relevant Codes and Australian Standards;
- Coloured photos capturing all major and minor defects / potential safety hazards / non-compliant building elements;
- Any other concerns that may be observed
- Full member – Housing Industry Association (HIA) Building Consultant / Residential Builder
- Executive committee member / Treasurer – Association of Building Consultants (ABC)