Assess the quality and condition of your prospective Adelaide home or investment property before the expiration of your contractual cooling-off period or prior to bidding at auction with an SBI Pre-Purchase Building Inspection!
SBI Pre-Purchase Building Inspection Pricing Structure:
Detached / semi-detached single-storey units from $385 Inc. GST
Single-storey homes from $495 Inc. GST
Double-storey homes / townhouses from $660 Inc. GST
Commercial Buildings from $660 Inc. GST
*Note: Service fees are based on property size, complexity, or 0.01% of projected property value (whichever is greater)*
(Please contact us now for an accurate quotation!)
We report and you decide!
Our comprehensive pre purchase building inspections cover the following:
- Interior and exterior of the building
- Floors (tiling / timber etc.) and skirts
- Internal walls (plumb / finish etc.) and cornices
- Paint / plastering
- Light fittings (downlights / wall lights / pendants etc.)
- Window operation and window frames
- Doors, door frames, and door furniture
- Electrical safety considerations if applicable (switches / power points / roof space wiring)
- Kitchen appliances
- Stairs, balustrades and handrails
- Wet areas (bathrooms / powder rooms / WC’s / laundries etc.)
- Basins, vanities and benchtops, cabinets, plumbing fixtures & fittings, toilet cisterns etc.
- Plumbing pipework to wet area basins, kitchen sinks, and laundry troughs
- Shower recess (frames / tiles & grout / floor trap drainage flanges & water proofing / plumbing fixtures & fittings)
- Baths (tubs / hobs / water proofing / seal to wall, floor, and vanity junctions etc.)
- Rising damp
- Presence of asbestos (if easily discernible)
- Roof space framing structures (where reasonably accessible)
- Sarking / sisalation
- Party walls
- Insulation and downlight clearances for fire safety
- Roof coverings (colorbond sheeting / tile etc.)
- Skylights, vents, flues, & chimneys
- Solar panels
- Flashings, valleys
- Downpipes and site drainage
- Eaves, fascia, barges
- Pergolas / verandas
- Columns / support posts
- External walls and cladding
- Window and window frame exteriors / lintels
- External doors
- Hot water units
- AC condensers
- Subfloor ventilation and structure (where accessible)
- Patios / decking
- Outbuildings (sheds, granny-flats, external WC / Laundry etc.)
- Garages and carports
- Site features within 30 metres of the dwelling inside site boundaries
- Site features detrimental to the dwelling (overhanging trees / clinging vegetation etc.)
- Paths, driveways, water management / sub-surface drainage
- Fences and retaining walls
Purchasing your family home is often the largest investment you will make, so it is critical that you do everything in your power to ensure that the investment is a wise one. An SBI Pre-Purchase Building Inspection will inform you of the condition of your prospective home, will make you aware of any potential safety hazards that may exist, and will grant you an insight into potential repair and maintenance requirements prior to making a financial commitment to the property. This amplified knowledge can result in your avoiding potentially escalating repair costs if a problem is found during its early stages, and in turn, may also bestow you with increased bargaining power when negotiating purchase price with the real estate agent.
Our expert inspector will conduct a thorough Pre-Purchase building inspection of your prospective property and other associated building elements and structures within the site boundaries (including fences) in accordance with “AS4349.1 – 2007 Inspection of buildings – pre purchase inspections”, and will provide you same-day via email a comprehensive written report capturing all of the major and minor defects replete with coloured images (including thermal heat-register images where applicable). Our expert inspector will also contact you by phone following the completion of the inspection to discuss the findings and provide you with specific advice, or if you would prefer, will meet you onsite for a face-to-face chat post-inspection.
Contact SBI now to organise your pre-purchase building inspection by submitting an online booking. Once we receive your booking, we will then contact the agent on your behalf to schedule the inspection and will let you know once all has been confirmed.
We look forward to hearing from you!